OUR HISTORY

Empty-SantuaryWO.jpg

In February 1949, East Hill began meeting at 912 Miccosukee Road in a colonial home donated to the church by Judge W.H. Ellis that had been dismantled and rebuilt on the church property. This first building became what is now the Avant Chapel. Under the leadership of Rev. Ray C. Tindall, a new sanctuary building and additional educational space were dedicated on April 28, 1963. The program that developed into the church's Weekday Preschool was also established in the early 1960's.

Property east of the East Hill's Chapel was purchased in 1969 and the house that stood on the property was used as a youth center fondly referred to as, "This Old House." That same year, East Hill established a mission congregation in Mabry Manor, near Sabal Palm Elementary School. East Hill built a new Christian Activities Center in 1973 on the site of the old youth center. In 1996 it was named the Tindall Christian Activities Center (TCAC) in honor of Rev. Ray and Mary Lou Tindall. The Tindall Christian Activities Center offers a variety of programs for members of East Hill and the community. In recent years, TCAC programs have emphasized ministry to children with hundreds participating in the Before School, After School, and Summer Day Camp Programs.

Worship-ServiceWO.jpg

For more than fifty years, East Hill has shared the Good News of Jesus Christ in the Tallahassee community and around the world. Many people have been blessed and lives have been changed through the ministries of our congregation and as we have partnered with ministries and organizations like:

We look forward with hope that we will continue to minister to those around us and that our community, state, nation and world will be blessed because we cared and went forth in Jesus' name.

OUR PEOPLE


Senior Ministers of East Hill Baptist Church

Rev. Nat H. Brittain 1948-1951

Rev. Edward L. Jackson 1951-1953

Dr. C.B. Althoff 1953-1954

Rev. Ray C. Tindall 1954-1979

Dr. R.J. Robinson 1979-1987

Dr. Len Turner 1987-1997

Dr. Darden Battle 1997-1998

Dr. William A. Groover 1998-2003

Rev. Daniel A. Sowell 2003-